Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Fantastic Vacation!!

Sail Date: July 01, 2013

The ship was great. Easy to navigate once you got the hang of it. Plenty of things to do at all hours day or night. This is my first cruise so I have no basis for comparison\, but I don't get these people giving mediocre ratings. I had a great time!!

Pros: Variety of activities on ship and great selection of shore excursions

Cons: Dining room

Recommends Carnival Glory? Yes!

Great options. Something for everyone\, from bingo\, to every category of trivia\, to game-show type activities\, to movies at night on the deck... The list can go on. I never found myself bored. The only thing I found mildly disappointing was that the nightly GLBT gathering at Alchemy Bar was left until 11:30 or 11:45pm. We are early risers so it would have been nice to have an earlier gathering. Off the ship\, there were a variety of shore excusions to suit everyone's taste\, from adventurous outings to more leisurly ones.
Our room stewards were fantastic and greeted us by name daily! The rest of the staff\, from entertainment to bartenders\, were top notch. I didn't come accross one rude\, or even unhappy staff member\, and that's rare in the hospitality industry.
Great room. Balcony is a definite must if it's in your budget. Not huge but well designed\, and plenty of room to move about and store your belongings.
Something for everyone. We ate dinner in the dining room two of the five nights. The first night we were seated with another couple\, which isn't really my thing\, but whatever. The second night we got a table for two\, but the tables were so close it was like being seated with another couple. A little more privacy would have been nice but I get they need to fit people in. The food and service in the dining room were excellent. If the dining room isn't your thing the buffet has a wide selection. Breakfast buffet was very good\, but I also enjoyed the Cantina which served breakfast burritos. The 24 hour ice cream was nice too :-)
The ship was very well maintained. The staff was constantly cleaning or repairing; By repairing\, I'm referring to the morning I was sitting on the deck\, and noticed a maintenance worker touching up some chipped paint on the railing. This probably could have waited\, but I think it demonstrates that the staff is on top of issues and things are taken care of immediately.