Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Best vacation ever!

Sail Date: June 01, 2014

It should be noted that after the great experience we had on our first cruise to the Bahamas last year\, I had very high expectations for this years vacation. So high\, in fact\, that I worried that I might be setting myself up for a letdown.
Im happy to say that didnt happen. In fact\, this years seven-day Exotic Eastern Caribbean Cruise on the Carnival Glory turned out to be even better than I had hoped.
For starters\, the ship itself was bigger and better than last year on the Carnival Ecstasy. The stateroom was larger we had a couch that doubled as a pullout bed (which we didnt use) and there seemed to be more drawers for storage. There were also more dining options with Guys Burger Bar and the Blue Iguana Burito Bar\, along with a steakhouse that we didnt use because of the extra cost.
Overall the food was very good. My wife wasnt impressed with the Mahi Mahi the first night\, which came out on the lukewarm side and wasnt very tasty\, but otherwise there were no complaints. The jerk pork loin on the final night was especially good . As was the famous Carnival Chocolate Melting Cake\, which I had at least four times during the week. As good as the food was\, the service was even better. Adrianna\, the Romanian girl who was the hostess at the main dining room was very friendly and always greeted us by name. We also had a waiter named Noel who was so good that we asked to be seated in his section. Like last year\, we did the Your Time Dining option and I recommend it very highly\, as it gave us a lot of flexibility to go to dinner when we were ready\, instead of when we had to.
As for the entertainment on board\, there werent as many live shows as there were on the Ecstasy last year and the themes Divas\, Motown and Latinio werent nearly as diverse. That was something of a disappointment. The Punchliner comedy club\, however\, more than made up for that. We loved the fact that they switched comedians halfway through the cruise. Macio and Lowell

Pros: Cruise director Everson \"Rev. Dr. E\" Bevette; Guy's Burger Joint\, Punchliner comedy club (especially Macio); the Chocolate Melting Cake\, Anytime dining and the dining room staff (especially Adrianna the hostess and Noel the waiter); the casino\, the new friends we made

Cons: The adults only pool was closed our final two days at sea\, the over-21 rules in the Serenity area weren't enforced strictly enough\, not enough variety in the musical shows

Recommends Carnival Glory? Yes!