Carnival Glory - 4 Day - Western Caribbean

Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

4 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 26, 2015
Ship: Carnival Glory

This was my third cruise on Carnival, and my least favorite.  It was just okay.  We were on a 4 day cruise from Miami, stopping in Key West, and Cozumel.  I don't know if it was the time of year, or the ship, or what exactly, but it felt extremely crowded all the time, everywhere on the ship.  It was exceedingly difficult to get served for drinks, which I've not experienced prior to this.  I felt like most employees were overworked, and too busy to bother with us.  So, in that respect, I'm not really blaming the staff as much as Carnival, who I assume has just made too many cuts.  It's causing their service to fall by the wayside.

I mostly liked the changes to the dining, meaning the change to the American Table.  Although, on our sailing, I found it strange that on the one elegant night, the dinner options were very strange (braised rabbit, lamb chops, veal etc).  Normally you have options like lobster and prime rib, but on this sailing there was literally nothing that any of the four of us in our party wanted to eat.  So we decided to try the steakhouse.  This experience was excellent.  The food was wonderful, and the service was top notch.  I definitely recommend the steakhouse.  The team that served us in the dining room during dinners was also an exception to the service difficulties we experienced on the ship.  Elizabeth and her team were outstanding, and provided some of the best service we experienced on the trip.  She even saw us outside of dinner one time and recognized us and called us out by name.  I don't know how they do that but it is always impressive to me.  :)

Our room was an inside cabin on deck 1.  It was to be ready by 1:30, but wasn't until closer to 3pm.  Our room steward wasn't overly attentive, he was fine, but nothing special.  This is also the first time I've stayed in an inside room, and the lowest on the ship I've ever been.  I didn't like how far I had to travel to everything all the time, but that is my own fault for choosing that room.  This sailing was the rockiest I've ever been on.  It was extremely windy the entire time, and stormy some other times.  At one point the ship tilted so far that glasses and bottles were falling off of surfaces and breaking.  The room and bed we had was set up in a way that when the ship rocked, it rocked you from head to toe, rather than side to side.  That was odd also.

All in all, it was just okay.  I think we are ready to try another cruise line.  Even if we have to pay more.  I feel like the service on Carnival is really going downhill, and even calling it a cheaper option than other lines, it is still a good chunk of change.  So in my opinion, there are better options.

The steakhouse was excellent, and with the exception of elegent night, the rest of dinner menus were good.

The lido deck was too small to try to see any of the activities in this area... way too crowded.

We saw a couple shows, the Classic Rock show was really good. Very talented singers.

NA

The steakhouse staff were great, and our dining room team (Elizabeth and her team) were fantastic.

Seems like it's getting run down.

Change the rooms around so when the ship rocks side to side, you are moving side to side also, and not head to toe.
Didn't do anything in Miami
Love Key West, it's one of my favorite places. We didn't have much time here so just walked around Duval St. Lots of places weren't even open yet.
Went to Mr. Sancho's for the 2nd time for an all inclusive beach day. LOVE Mr. Sancho's. Excellent time!