Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Great winter getaway!

Sail Date: December 01, 2012

This was my second cruise\, the first was on Carnival Sensation\, and I slightly preferred the Sensation for better food in areas other than the main dining room. The Glory has an adult pool and hot tub area that was nice for those who wanted a quieter and more relaxed area. The elevators seemed strange to me because we would often press the up or down buttons and watch elevator after elevator pass without stopping. It seemed as though you would not get an elevator unless a car was empty or someone on the car wanted to go to your floor.

Internet access should be improved. The internet cafe was entirely disconnected at one point\, and wireless access insisted we were still connected long after the connected machine had been turned off. This burned up most of the thirty minutes we paid for\, and we received a refund.

Pros: Great ports of call (Nassau\, St. Thomas\, San Juan\, Grand Turk)

Cons: Ship air conditioning was set too high most of the trip

Recommends Carnival Glory? Yes!

Food in the Golden Dining Room was excellent as was the service of the staff there. Our head waiter\, Gusti\, was great and he and Eko really took good care of us. Thanks and best wishes to both of them.

The kids liked the hamburger grill\, but in general\, food in the other areas was not as good as I remembered on the Sensation\, and those areas seemed not to be open as long. Several times we wanted a snack and walked from area to area to find one open. The late night pizza was not good - always burned.
Stateroom staff were generally friendly\, but not quite as good as those we had on Sensation. Customer Service staff were sometimes helpful\, sometimes less so. It appeared to be impossible to call them with a question-I only got recordings-resulting in me waiting through the line several times.
We had no young children with us.