Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Carnival cutting to a new low to keep price point

Sail Date: January 31, 2015

Although Guys burgers and Iguanas burritos were pretty good, other areas of dining have many questions. Pizza had long waits with one person trying to keep up. Buffet is very questionable with quality. That plus the fact that almost no passengers wash their hands since Carnival makes this a "suggestion" only. Went the first 2 1/2 days and saw no one except our family wash their hands. Much different than Celebrity and Disney that mandates this practice. Thus buffets are out of the question and drinks and soft serve yogurt is questionable.

Dining room food was better than average with hard working staff.

State room staff responded to our requests with appropriate compensation.

Unfortunately this is where any good ends.

I accept that Carnival is the "Spirit Airlines" of the cruise industry but the extras are much more expensive for a lack of adequate upgrade. The quality of the talent is very low. Did I say very low. Worse than ever before. Much lower than any of my previous Carnival cruises. Getting on and off the ship was extremely troublesome with poor communication even when you pay extra to disembark. This includes the ports that were visited with some difficulties at each port.

I could even give more details but it appears that Carnival does take constructive criticism very well even when it is done with clarity and professionalism. Let the record show I say these things after many years of cruising Carnival. They appear to be cutting corners every way possible and "extra charging" every feature to keep that low level price point.

This leaves individuals to keep expectations very low and expect to pay extra for most things. Although I compensated my servers "generously" for their efforts if I choose to take another cruise with Carnival I will have to significantly "readjust" tips which is really unfortunate since most of them did a nice job.

Shame on you Carnival.

Unbelievably just a new low.
Just an observation since I did not use it.
Utilization of the ships space poor. Most were done next to the smoke filled casino
Just terrible in most ways.
Miami, Florida
Belize City, Belize
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Private area done nicely but everything nice costs.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Make sure that not many ships are in port or tendering will take forever.