Mixed feelings/Not Carnivals Fault

Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

6 Night Bahamas (Norfolk Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 22, 2012
Ship: Carnival Glory
Very disappointed that we did not get to see any destinations while on the ship. Hurricane Sandy ruined the trip. This was my first cruise and I was advised taking a cruise in late October would be a sure bet to miss any hurricanes. Just my luck! :( We were suppose to go to Freeport for a day and Nassau for 2 days but we went to Nassau for about 7 hours and for 5 of those hours I was getting married on the ship. My wedding day was moved up one day from Thursday to Wednesday which didn't allow us to really see anything in Nassau. We were then told we would go to Port Canaveral but that didn't happen. We came back a day early. I was disappointed because I saved a lot of money and vacation days for this trip/wedding and it was not what I expected. I am not blaming Carnival but I think some other solutions, options, and information should have been given to the customers. The ship was beautiful and had a lot to offer but you couldn't capitalize on it because the waters were so rough that everyone was sea sick. I've been on small boats and yachts (never on a cruise ship) and I'm really good on the water but this experience was crazy. A couple nights when I went to dinner the dining hall was about 30% full. All the sea sickness medicine was sold out on the ship. Like I said, its not Carnivals fault but I think this was my first and last cruise due to the experience. The risk verse the reward is not worth it. I dont feel like I got my money's worth.

Plenty of food to eat. You can eat all day long but the overall quality of the food is not that good. The Pizza bar is amazing!

two thumbs up

The people on board are wonderful. (Guest Services is a little eghhhhh)

The ship is Excellent! Very Clean

Rooms are nice, little small but nice

Pros: Got Married on the Ship

Cons: Sandy!!!!!!! :( Don't sail in October. More planing should have happened on Carnivals end

Recommends Carnival Glory? Yes!