Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Not a fan...sorry

Sail Date: August 01, 2012

We have cruised once before on the Carnival Glory in the Caribbean several years ago and I remembered for some reason I didn't like the ship because it was broken up to where it is difficult to move from one section of the ship to the other. I gave it another chance because I thought maybe it was us, not the ship. It's the ship for sure.

The service from the room steward was good, but I must admit the dining room service as compared to other of our 10 cruises was substandard. One evening, we didn't even get menus yet when the server asked what we wanted to order. On two occasions we were served other peoples food and beverages.

I don't want to say too much about the actual itinerary because everyone has different interests. I was excited about visiting Halifax because of the history of the Titanic, but the museum was a complete disappointment. Both New Brunswick and Halifax was limited regarding activity, but the citizens of the towns were SUPER friendly. At one point as we were strolling through a cemetery looking for the deceased Titanic passengers, we ended up in the wrong cemetery and the Halifax citizen said,\"I would drive you there if I didn't have an appointment to go too.\"

Overall, we are not impressed with our this cruise, but we will continue to cruise and try new experiences.

Pros: Outdoor movie night

Cons: service in the dining room; personal attention as compared to previous cruises lacking; common mistakes with food and drink orders in dining room

Recommends Carnival Glory? No.

Our balcony deck was very dirty\, but most of the ship was acceptably clean. Layout of the ship is horrible and not a fan of the decor; but that is a personal opinion.
Food was average.
Stateroom was acceptable (aft larger balcony)\, but balcony very dirty.
Staff was nice and friendly.
Activities were typical of a Carnival Cruise. I did like the new VFIP lounge with free drinks and appetizers. A small event goes a long way for people that are loyal to a company.