Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

A wonderful cruise but.....

Sail Date: August 06, 2012

As soon as we got on board vacation began. The ship seemed like Las Vegas on steroids with the over the top decor but was fun and entertaining. There were plenty of activities for all, even though the large screen on deck did not show movies this week, only Olympics. The food was very good and never in short supply. In the dining rooms the portions were very appropriate so I never felt stuffed, very nicely presented and very interesting. The help on board was the best. From our wonderful cabin steward - shout out to Felix!, to some humorous and attentive waiters - yay Antonio and Anthony (Tony the tiger), the addressed us by our names and never ceased to smile. One highlight was when they began to dance on the tables at dinner - took us totally by surprise. Unfortunately, three days into the trip a stomach bug began going around the ship. Passengers were notified via the PA system of the occurrence and were reminded throughout the day to carefully wash hands. Unfortunately, by the end of day 4 I caught the bug in the middle of the night. The night nurse attended to me more than promptly but I had to spend the entire next day in isolation in my cabin. Believe me - I couldn't go out if I had wanted to! I don't know how wide-spread the illness was. I was the only one in my party to get it but the others said there were many \"snoozin' \" tags hanging on cabins the last day. Never-the-less, I'd take this cruise again and would highly recommend it. I enjoyed every minute that I physically was able to and the good memories far outnumber a bad illness. :)

Pros: The staff was absolutely amazing\, helpful\, entertaining\, friendly and went out of their way to make us feel more than at home!

Cons: the stomach virus that went around and that I caught :( BUT there was very good communication as soon as it began to notify passangers about safety precautions. Nothing seemed to be hidden.

Recommends Carnival Glory? Yes!

The stateroom was more than large enough for three passengers with the sofa accomodating the third person comfortably. There was very ample storage space\, much better than many hotels. The layout of the ship was such that no room seemed difficult to access from any point in the boat with plenty of elevators and stairways. Even though we were on the lower deck aft it never took long to get anywhere above board or forward.
From the cabin steward to every server in the dining rooms we were addressed by our first names. When met in the hallway by our steward he knew who we were and greeted us\, and when I was ill and he saw my children he enquired about me. Just the staff alone makes this a trip worth taking. Such friendly people are hard to come by on a regular basis in every-day life!
There is a large screen by the pool on the upper deck which only showed Olympics this week. I would have liked to see a more varied program and some movies. We really enjoyed the live Karaoke and the comedy club the first night was fun (with one entertainer far better than the other). The second night when there was comedy I was ill and the kids went and they said they were disappointed when that comedian basically redid his show from the other day and they didn't stay for the later part of the show. We caught two of the shows in the main theather\, an entertaining magic/dance show and another musical based on \"American\" themed music. Both were good quality.