Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

An Okay trip

Sail Date: July 21, 2012

The cruise was okay. There were a lot of the typical things that Carnival has on every cruise from the hairy chest contest to the ice carving. There was live loud music by the pools. The cruise director, Josh, was a bit obnoxious at times and the live shows were ok, but nothing \"wow\". The comedy club one guys was great, the other picked on the audience and it was lame. The food was fair, nothing \"wow\" about it either.

Pros: I liked New Brunswick and the Jet Boat at Reverse Falls\, the Towel Folding thing on the ship was cool too.

Cons: In Platinum Dining Room\, our server could not speak english\, a lot of the \"fun\" stuff to do was more like an infomercial on spa treatments you should buy.

Recommends Carnival Glory? Yes!

The ship was in fair shape\, some rust around and the crew were fixing up issues like replacing tiles and fixing the wood benches. There was a fair amount of rust on the Lido deck and on our deck in the stateroom... but again\, nothing terrible\, just noticeable.
The dining in Platinum Room\, Early Seating was lame. The waiter didn't really speak English and no one refilled water glasses unless asked. No one remembered I liked coffee or my son liked chocolate milk with his meal\, it was ask ask ask. The food was luke warm when served and not a lot of seasoning to it\, rather bland
Our stateroom was always clean and in good condition. They did not unlock the refrig. in the room which I thought was weird. When I asked for something\, it was brought to the room (ie we had no bathrobed\, so the stuard brouht some). 10th floor was a great location. Easy to get to the Lido deck and elevators.
No one went above and beyond. A fake smile and nod was all I got at any time.
The shows were not that great. The illusionist almost dropped his assistant twice\, they looked tired.
my son was in circle C and he had a great time. It was perfect to meet other boys his age and hang out. Most nights he didn't return to the room until 1:00. They always had a lot to do.