Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Never Again

Sail Date: July 16, 2012

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I was not impressed at all. I was very disappointed with the service in the dining room. I have severe, life threatening food allergies to nuts and the care taken in the kitchen was poor. Thank God for Anna from Russia, JR hostess, who was assigned to care for this, she was excellent, but this situation was handled poorly. Clearly, the staff are very busy and work very hard, but that is an accident waiting to happen. On other lines the Head Maitre D is in charge of this. I spent alot of money to be on this cruise and was unable to eat safely due to the lack of training by food staff which says a lot to me about Carnival, which I will never travel with again. This was my 18 th cruise in 18 years, 1st and last with Carnival. I have never experienced this on any other cruise line.
Also, the staff at the kids club was excellent, but the service provided by Carnival was poor. The kids club closed for an hour at every meal: very inconvenient for trying to make plans.

Pros: The Ship was nice

Cons: The danger I experienced in the dining room with an error and I have food allergies.

Recommends Carnival Glory? No.

Average for the rest of the 11 family members that traveled with me. Very below average d/t my experience re:food allergies.(very poor)
Marvin and his assistant were excellent\, deck 8
Dharna from India\, bar waiter was excellent.
Jan from Prague and Christoper from India were excellent.
Living in America show was excellent. Other than that just average shows and games.
Excellent except for the closings at meal times. Very inconvienient for trying to make plans.