First-time Cruising

Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: April 01, 2012
Ship: Carnival Glory
First time cruising so did not really know what to expect. Given the price paid and recognising that there were around 3000 guests then what was provided was done well, This ship was well run, clean, with friendly and helpfull staff but they do need to enforce their own rules - dress code in particular. I found it off-putting that I had to stand in line for breakfast with some large individual wearing only a bathing suit despite dress codes rules. The food was good considering the price paid.

Reasonable considering cost of cruise. It was not haute-cuisine but what was provided was well prepared and presented

This was the worst part - not to my liking really. A couple of shows were ok but all a bit - 'holiday camp'.

Great - hardly saw my little one which I think pleased is all!

Very friendly and helpful

Overall good. Decor a bit 'blng' for my tastes but I guess it works for some. Signage was poor - the neon signs for each venue looked home made!. Need more litter bins in public areas.

Suprisingly good and better than expected. It was not large but then this is a ship's cabin afterall. Comfortable bed and good quality linen. Room serviced twice a day

Pros: Food, cleanliness, friendliness of staff

Cons: Queing, plastic plates/glasses, lack of enforcement of dress codes, constant push to up-sell Carnival goods and services

Recommends Carnival Glory? Yes!