Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Sadly disappointed

Sail Date: November 27, 2011

We are frequent travelers and have been loyal customers of your company for many years because we appreciate your emphasis on value and excellent service. Yet a recent episode on your cruise ship has made us question our loyalty.
We traveled on your ship, the Carnival Glory, in stateroom 2399, from Sunday, November 27 through Sunday, December 4. Throughout my travel, there were several setbacks and inconveniences that occurred. Upon arrival at our stateroom, my wife and I encountered a most foul smell of raw sewage on our deck. Several other passengers along with us lodged a complaint about the smell. We were promised that the problem would be remedied immediately, and, to your credit, the carpeting was replaced that same evening which, for the most part eliminated the smell, however, it could still be perceived faintly on occasions throughout the trip. The staterooms in your ships have always provided us with comfort and restful sleep at night; this was hindered on this journey as well because throughout the voyage, at late hours in the night, there were loud noises that were consistent with work being performed in the decks below.
During our previous journeys in your ships, the dinner menus had been one of the highlights of the trip. We were used to a wide variety of well-prepared meals in the dining rooms and buffets. Regretfully, we were disappointed on this trip because the meals were frequently monotonously prepared. The quality of the meats, particularly, in the case of the dishes containing fish, was very poor. The freshness of the food was absent, the flavor was not good and many dishes were frequently not heated adequately.
Our last port of call was to be at Grand Cayman, we were unable to make the stopover because of hostile weather. I know that Carnival Cruises has no control over atmospheric conditions, but with the technology, vast experience and influence that your company possesses, plans for alternate ports should have been available. We merely received a credit for the port fees and a brief apology.
We had booked this vacation with great enthusiasm and were counting on an experience similar to our previous voyages. We persuaded five other couples to go along with us, three of whom traveled with Carnival for the first time. They booked staterooms 2395, 2397, 2401, 2420 and 8285, a balcony stateroom. They all had similar negative experiences ranging from broken showers, faulty or stuck drawers, and the like. Many of them said that this was their first and last voyage on a Carnival Cruise ship. These individuals had traveled along with us because of our emphatic recommendation of your company. Consequently, this has left them with a bad taste as to the quality of your product and has left our credibility in doubt. We are now hesitant to recommend Carnival Cruises in the future.
I enjoy traveling on your vessels for a number of reasons. Overall the atmosphere makes me feel as comfortable as if I were at home. I hate having my positive feelings about your company ruined by one bad trip. I hope this problem will be corrected prior to my next voyage.

Pros: Music and entertainment

Cons: Staterooms and food

Recommends Carnival Glory? No.