Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Great first cruise experience!

Sail Date: June 09, 2011

My mind was blown away from the size of the ship. Wish my cruise was longer. The staff took great care of us and we were spoiled and pampered like kings and queens. The sad part is admitting the cruise is over and coming back to reality. I highly recommend this cruise ship and am looking forward to planning our next one. We signed up for the Carnival cruise credit card which will help in getting points to be applied for the next trip.

Pros: Onboard entertainment is first class (ie Broadway shows, comedy shows, dance lessons, etc)

Cons: Everything was excellent, the hard part is finding time to do it all.

Recommends Carnival Glory? Yes!

Signed up for the Camp Carnival program. We only participated in the Build a Bear activity which required an additional fee of $25 per bear. Overall the Camp appears to be fun. Up to your kids whether they want to use or not.
The ship was very clean and well kept. There were about 4 outdoor pools but would have liked having an indoor pool especially when we were out at sea and the temperature dropped. Otherwise, everywhere you go, spotless. Plus for a mother of 2 young children, I loved having bathrooms installed everywhere.
Top notch! In addition to the 24 hour food availability on the Lido Deck (9th floor), the food provided in the Golden Restaurant was excellent. We had lobster one night, steak another night, Tiger shrimp starters every night. The hard part is finding room to try it all because they don't limit you to one starter/ entree. The desserts are wonderful. I am not much of a dessert person but I did truly enjoy trying them all (tiramisu, sherbets, ice cream, cheesecake, fruit platters, cheese platters, etc) while we all ordered and sipped on our cappacinos.
Excellent. Our rooms were constantly cleaned. Our oceanview room was pretty spacious and could have easily fitted our party of 5.
The staff on board are phenomenal. Josh, the cruise director advised that all 3600 guests would be pampered for the entire 4 day cruise and he wasn't kidding. We were spoiled rotten. They helped us with converting our bedroom from a 2 twin bed into a Queen bed, they converted our sofa into a bed as well, they kept our rooms constantly clean, the waiters in the restaurant were so patient with us as we ordered multiple starters and entrees, they even performed mini dances during dinner, whatever we asked for, they would go above and beyond to get for us. I rarely heard any of them say No. I would advise giving them more tips for their services.
Entertainment on board is excellent. There is activity for all ages. The hard part is finding time to do it all. Love the Broadway style shows. Even my 4 and 6 year old girls loved it.
Saint John, New Brunswick
If you have additional money, definitely sign up for the excursions. Otherwise, we stayed local and just walked around the dock area. We went to the restaurant across the street from where the ship docked. The food there was decent but was worth it because they had a very entertaining staff that sang and dance.