Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Best crusie yet!

Sail Date: May 01, 2011

The ship was beautiful and well maintained. It was unbelievably clean. It was a little confusing to get around at first, but the maps by the elevators helped and every staff member was more than helpful.

Pros: The staff was amazing! They truly cared about our experience and worked so hard for us.

Cons: There were activities I would have liked to have done, but they conflicted with my dinner seating.

Recommends Carnival Glory? Yes!

I have a food allergy and the dining staff was so attentive to my needs. They were prompt, anticipated our wants/needs, and were extremely friendly. Loved the dinner entertainment!
The Lido deck had so many options and each one was delicious! I especially enjoyed the fish and chips area which had lots of seafood, the burrito bar, and the grill.
Our dinner hostess was amazing; she was very accommodating to our needs. Drinks were on the table without the need to order. My husband became very ill on the ship and we had to change a shore excursion in case he needed medical attention.Since it was a last minute change, there is normally a cancellation fee, but because of the nature of the illness, shore excursions and guest services, the fee was waived. The medical staff was simply wonderful- they called our room several times to make sure my husband was recovering. I have never seen cruise directors so accessible they way ours were and I did not meet one staff member that wasn't willing to answer a question in a friendly manner.
I loved the illusionist they had perform! It was an amazing show! My husband and I are big comedy fans and were very excited to see four different comedians perform! The only down side is that some of the things like game show mania were at times that conflicted with the late dinner seating otherwise I would have gone.
My stateroom was immaculate, the minibar always filled, and the bed was very comfy. It was a nice sized-balcony room and the balcony was perfect for two, though the light for night use did not work. I don't know if I would choose a room in the front of the ship again, but that is just personal preference; there was nothing wrong with my room at all.
Belize City, Belize
There is not much at this port, just a few shops and a couple of food stands. My excursion while interesting was long and very hot.
we love 3 Amigos restaurant in Cozumel; it's just a fun place to be and I highly recommend the margaritas. If you have time, the shops are fun to look through.
Don't Miss: Isla Pasion Twister excursion! Really really fun excursion and one of the best I have been on.
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Mahogany Bay was beautiful! There is a small shopping area with some cute shops and a food stand. We visited being Gumbalima Park which was gorgeous and relaxing. We loved being able to interact with monkeys!
George Town, Grand Cayman
The port area has some shops, but if you that are there are a lot more. Stingrays are a must! The turtle farm was pretty cool too
Don't Miss: Anything involving stingrays!