Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great ship and great cruise!

Sail Date: February 20, 2011

The ship was big enough to have all of the amenities that we wanted for both us and the kids. Lots of different program choices and things to do on sailing days. Crusie director Jorge was fantastic and very funny. Service was impeccable and never had a single issue with any of the employees. I called for a new remote and a slow draining sink. The remote was their in about 1 minute and the plumber guy was their in under 5 minutes. Very impressed. We had my wife, myself and my 11 and 14 year old and the room was plenty big. Much bigger than expected and very comfortable.

Pros: Service, cleanliness, staff, destinations, food

Cons: Only downside is I would have loved a little more variety on the food though it was good.

Recommends Carnival Glory? Yes!

Nothing 5 star but between 3 and 4 star for sure. Wish their was more variety. By the end of the week I was tired of the breakfast menu. It didn't change much. Dinner we ate the formal all nights but 1 and service was awesome and two of the nights the food was great. Prime rib and filet night. Wife loved the fish but was not awwed at any time by food taste. Kind of bland.
Very clean. Someone was always cleaning the glass or elevators or dusting whatever needed it. Good size after I figured out all the floors I could get around fairly easily. Good up to date decor.
Great room. Slept four. Good size bathroom. Good pressure on shower head and had very comfortable bed. We were lowest level riviera deck ocean view.
Response time to requests was insanely fast. Never pushed us to buy stuff but certainly did always ask. Anything I wanted I got. Never once heard any staff say we could not do something or get short or anything.
Very well done and the helpers were very good. We had an 11 and 14 year old. My 14 year old boy loved it and my 11 year old girl enjoyed it but would have been fine with or with out the interaction.
Could have had a little more for my 11 year old but certainly was sufficient amount of things going on. Very sparadic so never really more than a couple hours of consistent time unless they were babysitting late night which we did not do. Show dancers were really good but the ladies showed too much of their bodies especially thier butts hanging out everywhere. They could show it but I think a little too much for kids and deifintely I don't think the wives appreciated it. Lots of stuff going on and kept us plenty busy.
Really enjoyed it. We rented a dune buggy for $50 on shore and drove all over the island and went to a beach and hung out. Much cheaper to do excursions on shore and they were not overly pushy.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Good port but all they have is beaches. Nice way to end the trip by just haning out on 7 mile beach. Paid $26 to taxis, $8 bucks each for lawn chair, $4 bucks for an umbrella and enjoyed the sun. Decent place to end the cruise.
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
We really enjoyed this port. Their was nobody pushing you there basicly because it looks like carnival owns the part. Beautifful port but obviously run by carnival or whomever. Expensive and no natives selling anything. We rented a car for $50 and hired a 16 year old kid that was licensed and hanging out by the rentals. They wok off tips and I paid him $50. Worth every penny of it to have a local show you around. Very fun and interesting.
Don't Miss: Must do the monkey place as they let you hold them and hop around on your head and body very fun. We did the iguana farm which was pretty cool also. Loved this port.
Belize City, Belize
HATED IT!!!! By far the most pushy, rude, in your face people I have ever scene. All ports were pushing their tours but they were ridiculous. We walked out of the port and lasted literally 3 minutes before running back in to the port. I did hear a couple people who booked on the ship which you may want to do at this destination to avoid the crazy people. They booked the secret river or something and said it was amazing.