Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Christmas Cruise w/ Carnival

Sail Date: December 26, 2010

We sailed the Carnival Glory in the Western Carribean during the week between Christmas and New Years. Overall, we enjoyed the cruise very much, although I am not certain if the premiums paid for this holiday week were altogether worth travelling during this peak period. This ship was in fantastic condition after the recent upgrades. We found our outside staterooms to be larger than expected and very comfortable. We chose the anytime dining option and while this provided more flexibility, we did encounter more delays in waiting for a table. We utilized the Carnival Shore Excursions at every port and enjoyed each port very much.

Pros: Recent Ship Upgrades, Excellent Stateroom Service, Great Itinerary

Cons: Cost of Alcohol on-board, Delays w/ Any-time Dining Option

Recommends Carnival Glory? Yes!

We chose the Anytime Dining Option and while this provided us with more flexibility, we did encounter delays in obtaining seating that were longer than expected. The cruise line even left a note of apology at one point in our stateroom. The quality of the food in the main dining room was excellent, though it still annoys me that Carnival sets the menu with Lobster and Prime Rib on the SAME night. Our family enjoyed the sushi bar as well as the pizza and burrito bar. The quality of the Lido buffet was average for a buffet.
We enjoyed the nightly entertainment in the main show room as well as the caberet, however, we found that we typically needed to arrive 30-45 minutes early to obtain seating. The fitness center was always very crowded and after waiting for machines for the better part of 40 minutes the first couple of days, we decided that this was not going to fit into our plans.
Overall, the ship was in very good condition. The recent upgrades were significant.
Stateroom service was excellent! Size and decor of room were actually better than my family had expected.
Belize City, Belize
Our family split up for shore excursions here. I took one of my son's scuba diving at Turnefee Atoll and my wife took the other two boys on the Mayan Cave Adventure with zip lining and such. We enjoyed both excursions. Service was excellent on both trips. We were all able to enjoy a very short walk through the nearby port shopping area, but this was not a highlight for us.
George Town, Grand Cayman
StingRay City snorkel tour aboard the Alura Sailboat. Excellent choice of shore excursions and definitely a can't miss adventure. I missed this excursion when I was here 20 years ago and I knew this was on our list for this year and we were not dissappointed.
Don't Miss: Stingray City!
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
We enjoyed the zip-lining excursion to the Eco Park! The combination of the zip-lining at the walk with the monkies was great fun. The organization could have been much better at the Eco Park as we waited the better part of an hour to begin once the bus dropped us off. Upon return, we all enjoyed the sites at Mahogany Bay and it's multi-million dolllar facelift!
Don't Miss: The Eco Park was an excellent choice for a family shore excursion.
Our family took the Twister boat out to the private island for the day. The weather was not the best, but we all enjoyed the day. Upon return, we had enough time for shopping and a drink at our favorite location, the No-Name Bar!
Don't Miss: The No-Name Bar!