Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Great Cruise

Sail Date: November 21, 2010

This was my first time on Carnival after cruising with Norwegian. I liked both cruise lines but feel they are for different "sorts" of cruisers. If you like a festive, party, and very social atmosphere with lots of children - select Carnival. The staterooms were smaller than I was accustomed to; however, they were clean and our steward was EXCELLENT!!!! All Carnival staff were courteous and helpful and always friendly. Customer service was A+. The food ranged from good to mediocre but nothing was bad or inedible. The ports of call were fine but I don't feel there was enough time in San Juan or Grand Turk. All in all . . this was a good cruise.

Pros: Customer Service - Everyone was friendly and helpful

Cons: Crowds and Lines

Recommends Carnival Glory? Yes!

Ship was clean and public areas were nice;however, the layout of the ship was extremely confusing.
The onboard entertainment was just "so-so." Most of the movies catered to children--some balance would have been preferable for those who do not have children.
Buffets and regular fare were pretty good or above my expectations. However, the meal at the steakhouse for which there is an extra charge was just "OK."
Stateroom size was on the small size; but beds were more comfortable than expected.
Everyone was friendly and our steward was the BEST!!!
I think unless you take a shore excursion, this may be a little boring. The port is full of the usual tourist shops you will see in other ports.
Don't Miss: Seaworld Explorer
Grand Turk Island
Great port for natural beauty, snorkeling, swimming, and beach. The water is beautiful. Shopping is not very good.
Don't Miss: Beach
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Great port with a lot of options.
Don't Miss: Take a city tour.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Shopping was nice as well as the shore excursions.
Don't Miss: Sky Ride