Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Disappointed in our 1st Carnival Cruise

Sail Date: July 01, 2010

This was our 5th cruise. 1st on Carnival. In the past we have cruised both Princess and Norwegian. I had high hopes for Carnival. I really expected the quality of this cruise to blow NCL away but I was very disappointed. Our waiter and room steward were friendly but the rest of the staff were miserable people. No one walked with a smile. No one ever said hello to us in passing. If you need to find a specific place on the ship good luck because apparently most of the crew don't know how to navigate the boat either.

The kids crew was a mess the 1st night but after that all was well and my daughter enjoyed being there. The 1st night I was hesitant to bring my daughter there because she would miss dinner. The kid's crew people insisted to me that they would be feeding the kids there so I dropped her off. When I picked her up at 10 she was starving and said they were never fed. That was obviously upsetting to us. We rushed to get her some pizza and make it to the 10:30 show.

The shows...I was forwarned by some other reviews I read online so this was not a shock but the outfits the dancers wear are a bit revealing. I turned to my husband at one point and said that I thought someone was going to lose a boob! We skipped the Las Vegas style show as I could only imagine what that would be like and I wasn't interested in exposing my kids to that. The illusionist "Justin Illusion" was really good and we enjoyed that. The comedians were good. Overall activities on the boat were great, always something going on. That was one thing we wished was different on NCL, by 1am the NCL ships are dead with nothing going on. This ship was a party all night. Unfortunately you have to make a decision here, what is more important, the food or the parties, because you can't have both (maybe on Royal Carribean you can, but I wouldn't know!).

The food was HORRIBLE. I have never experienced this on a cruise. It was horrible everywhere. The pasta was gross and the desserts were never good. We literally had stomach aches all week. I spoke with many other passengers that felt the same way. I resorted to the deli on Deck 9 towards the end of the vacation as that was a safe bet (and those guys do work hard). The chocolate buffet was very disappointing. It was at noon lacked a lot of what I have seen on the other cruises I have been on. No presentation, no sculptures, just boring and the desserts were not good. The bar service was bad. The drink guy never showed up to our table at dinner until we were already almost done with dinner. By that point who wants a drink? We complained about this to the Matre D and then the final night of the cruise we amazingly got bar service right away!

Even my teens said they preferred NCL to Carnival because the food was that bad (and it doesn't take much to please them). Considering how much there is for teens to do on Carnival that is saying a lot.

We will not be on Carnival again. I am very disappointed in this cruise. My husband thinks maybe another Carnival ship would have better food but isn't it standard throughout the line? Also other passengers told us that the quality of service from the crew has been a longtime complaint of the Glory. That was just shocking to me as I am accustomed to friendly faces from crew members when on a cruise.

I am sorry to have such negative things to say but I honestly wish i could have my week back to take a different vacation and that is sad.

Pros: Activities on board

Cons: Food/ Lack of friendliness of the crew

Recommends Carnival Glory? No.

They are a bit unorganized and the 1st day is a mess trying to get people registered but once that is over it is fine. Pretty much on par with other cruises we have been on.
Food was just flat out bad everywhere!
they were miserable people
It is a pretty ship but can be difficult to navigate on certain decks. We often ran into other lost people trying to get to dinner and questioned what they were thinking when they designed this ship.
Always clean, stewards were nice.
tons of things to do, hated the ships dancer/singer shows but enjoyed the comedians and illusionist show