Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Never Canival again...

Sail Date: October 01, 2009

Very dated for a ship that is only six years old. We decided to give Carnival a second chance after going on other cruise lines (Royal C.). I figured that one of their newer class ships would be better in overall quality and activities compared to the older, mid-size ships of their fleet in which I had cruised on before... but I was wrong. I cruised on the Royal C. ship of equivalent size built around the same time as this Carnival ship and it was far superior in style, food, service... pretty much everything. We even made sure to get a balcony room on the back of the ship just like on the last Royal cruise, but overall it just wasn't as nice. Now, I do recognize that Carnival is cheaper and technically you get what you pay for so when it all comes down to it - I should have stayed with Royal or another cruise line but, like I said, we figured we would give Carnival another chance... Ironically, one of the staff members told us that even cruise line employees between different companies (including Carnival) view Carnival (the Carnival brand itself - not the other higher quality lines they own) as the lowest class of the cruise industry and they make the least amount of money working on Carnival (which may explain the attitude of some of the staff).

Pros: The Emerald Room (dining experience)

Cons: Most everything else

Recommends Carnival Glory? No.