Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A different experience

Sail Date: October 01, 2009

This was the first experience my wife and I had with Carnival. We had sailed six times previously with another cruise line. We joined two other couples who had sailed with Carnival before.
While my wife and I were initially disappointed, overall it was a fine vacation experience for us, and we certainly got our money's-worth out of the week.
In all of our cruise history we have always opted for the least expensive "inside" cabin. On the Glory, the cabin was a bit smaller than what we have been used to, but definitely adequate. The room was very clean and it was set up exactly as we had requested it. Closet space was plentiful. The only complaint we had with the room was with outlets for electrical appliances. There was only one outlet in the stateroom and one in the bathroom. We bring an electric toothbrush, our cellphones (that required recharging), and I sleep with a C-PAP device that must be plugged in to function. Thank goodness I brought along a multi-outlet surge protector with a long chord. I was able to plug in all the devices we brought along with us.
We spent time a little bit of our time on the pool deck. It was nice and there was plenty of seating. I also visited the gymnasium several days and the exercise equipment worked great. The steam room, the sauna, and the whirlpool were visited by my wife and I daily and they were all fabulous.
Our experience with the main dining hall was a good one. The food was delicious and the presentation always exceptional. Our servers were good and very personable. The Red Sail Restaurant on the Lido Deck was fine. There was adequate variety with the food selections from day to day, and the optional Oriental site was a place I visited a few times.
For me personally, the biggest negative element for the week was the entertainment. The auditiorium at the front of the ship seemed small. The performances were comparable to high school level. The sound was either too loud or too soft. However, the addition of a comedy club was a nice touch. The comedians were good.
There were plenty of places onboard to be entertained by soloists.
I personally enjoyed the Park West Art Auctions, and am looking forward to the delivery of purchased art.
The specialty shops onboard were adequately stocked with a variety of goods, and their staff seemed qualified to answer any questions I had.
For my wife and I, it was a nice vacation with two couples we know well and enjoy spending some time with at dinner and at the ports of call.
This cruise was not of the caliber as our previous cruises, however, I would consider another Carnival cruise.

Cons: the shows

Recommends Carnival Glory? Yes!