Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean

Had lots of fun, but food not so good

Sail Date: August 01, 2008

We had a great time on the Glory, but the interior of the ship is downright ugly. It looks like the designers were "on something". Just the same, we danced at the different clubs, enjoyed beautiful sunsets on our wrap around balcony (cabin 8448) which was a real nice surprise. The balcony overlooks the stern and the port side. Watching the wake from the stern is dreamlike.
Most of the meals were nicely presented and the service was excellent. However, almost every meal was a disappointment. In the premium restaurant, where we paid an extra $30 per person, the service and presentation were wonderful, but my filet mignon was so tough, I had to ask for another knife which didn't help at all. In retrospect, I should have sent it back. The only good food that I remember was at the pizza counter on the Lido deck. As for the entertainment, we enjoyed the shows to a degree, but the ampification was so loud, we now bring ear plugs on our cruises. I think they're getting out of control with the loudness. There is absolutely no reason to pump it up to louder than jet engines.

Pros: Our cabin, 8448 was great, lots of balcony space; staff was wonderful

Cons: almost all the meals were so-so. Even the upscale was lacking in taste

Recommends Carnival Glory? Yes!