Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Wonderful, Best 18th Anniversary

Sail Date: April 01, 2007

I am replanning to attend this for my 20th anniversary next year. I like that i can have my vechile parked at the Radisson Hotel, relax after a long drive of 5 hours and then go to the ship refreshed.
We really enjoyed the remarkable way Skip did his job on the Glory, it was a great ship and we are Fans of the Carnival. We have tried other ships, Royal Carribbean they are nice but not as much fun as Carnival. You make what you want out of a vacation. The prices of some of the drinks are too high and the pushyness of the wait staff for dining was wanting a tip each night and we said No way. He was kind of rude, his name was Rudy. so we shall not ask for his wait tables. We love sitting in a big group of four or more. that was fun.
We met alot of nice people that we stay in touch with. I hope that the Splendor is just as nice as we are booked on this for 2008. Carnival is the best value for your dollars. I feel that the auctions are very pricy and love the liquior tasting. that to me was the best highlight. The tours on the other hand were not worth taking the ship arrived too late and we missed our tours we were refunded 1/2 the amount. Do not take any tours from carnival too pricy if you go on the Glory ask when you get off the ship from the taxi men to take you to the Dutch side in St. Marrten its better cheaper shopping and you can also rent dune buggies for half the cost. Do NOT shop on the French side which is to the left of the ship Very pricy and food not so great. We stopped at the Flea Market i got some nice clothes and not so pricy... and the place I do not recommend is the shops along the French side.. where the Perfumery is located at I bought a french perfume to find it in Lord and Taylors for half the cost. Stupid, me for thinking that this stuff was made in France, it says a product of Germany. Looking for bargains there is NONE in St. Marrten. In St. Thomas there is.
In St. Thomas ask the taxi people to take you over to the other side of the mountain where the Americans live, less in shopping and reasonable resturants instead.

Over all this was a great vacation and Loved the Glory won 1000.00 in bingo. Get as many cards you can near the end of the trip and buy all your photos near the end they cost half price. Do not spend your hard earned money on tipping during the duration your on the ship, you may want to tip the liquior staff they are your friends all night. and when we left the ship we gave each room staff an extra 50.00 and our wait staff NOT Rudy but the young ladies who served us an extra 30.00 each and the gal Ingrid who served us wine each night an extra 100.00 she was wonderful. The matre di got nothing he did nothing for anyone of us.
You just learn as time goes on when it comes to traveling, you pick and choose what you want, and you make the fun of it or the best of it, for the 7 days you are on the ship. Recommendation if you want gold, silver buy it on the ship 2 days from disembarken the prices get slashed 1/2 price. also you ladies who like the scarfs buy them on the ship they are 10.00 the soft ones in the usa they are 30.00 each buy watches and rings on board,. buy alchol in st. thomas and bring back to ship you get them later on.
The only thing i did not like is there was lots of kids when we went in the end of November 2005. I guess their parents take them out of school anytime.

The only thing We did not like was the smell of cigarettes and cigars thourghout the lounges. this is a turnoff.. the disco and the comedy clubs... overall it was ok to bear. I recommend that the ship where people smoke to be outside of the ship if possible and have more parties for past guests, you used to give fruit in the rooms no more?
I love Carnival the Fun ship alright... We will be traveling to Rome when it leaves for the inaugration and we may finally crown this one. Price is good.
THANKS CARNIVAL FOR MAKING OUR ANNIVERSARY AND BIRTHDAY MEMORABLE!!

Pros: Staff, Entertainment, Food

Cons: The pushyness of the wait staff in dining room he wanted a tip every night

Recommends Carnival Glory? Yes!