Great Cruise

Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Exotic Western Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 29, 2006
Ship: Carnival Glory
The ship was very clean. The cabin was larger than I expected based on previous cruises. Entertainment was excellent. Overall, food was good. Chocolate buffet was excellent. Grand Gala Buffet was pretty but desserts looked better than they tasted. Ports of call were great. I thought a lot of the excursions were expensive. There were 3 cruise ships in Cozumel and 5 cruise ships in Nassau which made everything really crowded.
The port is layed out beautifully. Nice pool and beach area that is free to use. Restaurants and shops to explore all in a well laid out and clean area.
We did not do a ship excursion. We found a tour guide who took me and my daughter around the city in a car. Her name was Valerie. She was very informative and friendly. I felt totally safe. She showed us the "rich" part of town, the shopping district of town, the oldest cathedral in Central America, schools, a cemetary and more. Best part - it cost us $20 plus I tipped
5 ships were in port that day. Way to crowded to enjoy the straw market. The straw market does still have handmade straw items, but I was surprised to see all the fake designer handbags for sale.
3 ships in port that day. Very crowded and confusing when you first get off the boat because everyone is trying to find their excursion group. You also have to wind thru shops to get to the street to get a taxi

Pros: Great Atmosphere

Cons: Banging noises late at night heard in cabin (Main floor cabin)