Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Nice Cruise For Families With Children

Sail Date: May 27, 2006

The ship is relatively new with a young crew. I was impressed by both the Golden and Platinum dining room staff, who were very friendly and accomodating. Since I have several previous cruises with which to compare, I must rate the food and preparation as average, the spa below average (my facial was much over priced and horrendously performed), but the room that I had, even though on flr. # 1was above average, and I did not feel the motion of the boat as I have on previous cruises on lower decks. Since this was a summer cruise (5/27-6/3), there were many children running around, and from the high pitched sounds, apparently having a great time, however this did not contribute to a laid back and relaxing trip for mature travelers as I. Still, I had a good time overall.

Pros: The spacious room and large window was one of the nicer features.

Cons: The spa is right beneath Camp Carnival. Instead of a relaxing facial, I asked if someone was fighting outside because of the noise and rukus.

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Beaches , mountains, strong rum concoctions, and friendly people.
Nassau is not the paradise it once was. The town needs a few new coats of paint to restore Bay Street shopping. Not much to see.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Beaches , mountains, strong rum concoctions, and friendly people.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
The bluest water I have ever seen, as if it were tinted for your picture postcard review. The circle island tour is a good buy and you can asked to be dropped off in the shopping area and take a water taxi back to the ship.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten