Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

"Never Cruising With Carnival Again"

Sail Date: June 01, 2007

I'm a fairly young adult, and in my lifetime I've been able to cruise four times. I've cruised with Carnival twice and Royal Caribbean twice. I must say I will never cruise with Carnival again. Its amazing the difference between the two cruise lines. The first cruise I took was with Carnival and I was 12. I don't remember much from it, but within the last three years I've been on three cruises with the most recent one being Carnival again. My family and I all agreed it was a big mistake. Everything from their layout to their staff to even their on board activies was HORRIBLE. I will never recommend this cruise line to anyone I know. The worst part about this particular ship is how high the ratings are. I'm not sure how anyone came up with those ratings. If I had to rate this boat I would give it two stars only because of the ports of call and because of the enjoyable time I had with my family.

Pros: Our Room Steward (Yuli)

Cons: Unfriendly Staff, Unorganized Dining Services, Unorganized Saftey Drill, Hard To Navigate Ship Due To Layout, And The Activities

Recommends Carnival Glory? No.

Our room steward (Yuli) was about as good as they come. She was very friendly and helpful. As far as the other staff on board I found them to be VERY disappointing.
Size was big (which I liked), but the layout was HORRIBLE. After 7 days I was still unsure of where everything was.
The activities on board were pretty ridiculious. I couldn't believe the difference between Carnivals entertainment and Royal Caribbean. I will say the shows were fairly well and they had an adult comedian one night that was out of this world.
The quality of food on Carnival was fairly well, but I must say the service in the dining room was nothing compared to Royal Caribbean. You had to constantly ask your server over and over again for refills.
I will say the beds on Carnival were very comfortable, but I'm not sure if the bedding got changed even once while we were on the cruise which I found distirubing considering my bed was also the couch.