Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A Memorable Vacation

Sail Date: March 10, 2007

Our vacation above the Carnival Glory was very memorable. It was the first time that I traveled with such a large group of friends (there were 8 of us). I am an experienced cruiser but it was the first cruise for 5 of us from the group. It was amazing to share their first time cruise experience with them. We enjoyed ourselves whether it was sleeping in late in the comfortable beds, laying out on the top deck, going to shows in the Amber Palace, or eating at the Lido Restaurant buffet. There was always plenty of food to eat. The itinerary aboard the Glory was also memorable. Cozumel and Costa Maya had the bluest water I've ever seen. We went cave tubing in Belize (something we will never get to experience again). My group enjoyed our cruise so much that we still can't stop thinking about it and wishing that we were still on the ship right now.

Pros: The entertainment at White Heat and the 11pm comedy shows

Cons: I have traveled on 8 cruises and I thought the food could have used improvement

Recommends Carnival Glory? Yes!

The food in the dining room was average. I liked the way they had several options that were available as alternatives every night in case you didn't like something on the menu. The entertainment during dinner was great and the waitstaff was very friendly...the friendliest on the whole ship.
I traveled during a prime Spring Break time and that could have added to the staff's aggravation. I felt like the staff did not want to be bothered with questions. From the numerous cruises I've been on, I saw room for improvement in this area.
The schedule was packed with things to do. My group's favorite activity was the R rated comedy shows.
The ship was very clean. There was always staff cleaning the deck and the inside buffet area on the Lido Deck. It was a bit difficult getting to the Platinum Restaurant, it was not as accessible as the Golden Restaurant.
I had an inside stateroom. It was a decent size and in a perfect location- down the hall from the slide out on the Deck 10.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
The resort that we docked at was beautiful. There were plenty of shops, restaurants, pools, entertainment available without paying for a taxi.
My group and I went to the Playa Mia resort. It was a great beach with plenty of water activities that were included for the price of $15.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
The Atlantis is beautiful with it's underwater aquarium and the beach is accessible from the hotel.
Belize City, Belize
The island is very low class and there didn't seem to be as many activities to do. It took a bit too long to get to the island on the tenders from Belize. I do want to commend the ship for having the debarkation well organized in Belize.
Don't Miss: Cave tubing