Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Shore excursions, be careful

Sail Date: July 01, 2009

We booked a shore excursion at Nassau for the Black Beards beach break. The internet and room TV booking showed a price of $29 USD for an adult. Our final price was $36 on our sail & sign account. The shuttle boat from the island to the cruise ship broke down in the channel, dead in the water and we had to be towed back to the ship.
We booked a shore trip on St. Thomas for the Christmas cove sailing & snorkeling adventure, advertised price was $59 per adult. We were charged $66 per adult and this boat had engine problems on the return trip getting us back later than scheduled.

When I questioned the charges with customer service the agent said that didnt sound right and she would forward this issue to her supervisor. The supervisor reviewed my issue and said I was charged correctly. I sent the supervisor printouts of the internet price schedule, and our sail & sign statement showing the discrepancies. Even with this evidence showing the price difference the supervisor still refused to credit our account the differences. This lack of care and total disregards for their passengers satisfaction after the cruise has shown me how Carnival treats their passengers. I will never take a cruise with this company again!

Pros: Nice snorkeling

Cons: both boats broke down

Recommends Carnival Glory? Yes!

This cruise was at 100% booking since it was at the end of May, 09 when the swine flu changed itineraries from western to eastern Caribbean. Aside from that the ship was nicely kept clean and organized.
Once you get the hang of where to find what you wanted to eat all was very good. Don't be afraid to change tables or restaurants if you are not happy.
Very good maid service. Only problem was with the wind blowing smoke from the passageways into our room through the door vents.