Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruise

Sail Date: November 01, 2009

My wife and I loved this cruise. It went to Cozumel, Roaton, Belize, and Grand Cayman. It is unusual to get this many good ports in one week leaving from Miami. Usually you have to fly to San Juan to get a cruise with this much fun. The staff onboard the Carnival Glory were the friendliest of any cruise we have ever been on. The level of customer service was excellent. It is amazing when everyone cooperates with giving great customer service. The waiters and the cabin sterards are encouraged to call you by your first name, and that is very pleasant. Carnival is not known for good food, but we were pleasantly surprised by the menus and the food. They really did the best they could with what they had. Other than the fact that they had the most annoying cruise director in the world, I can not find any flaws with this cruise.
My wife tripped, and injured her foot when the ship listed in high seas, and we found the entire staff of the Infirmary, and the head of Security to be delightfuly friendly. The ship Captain actually greets everyone at the past guests party. The dancers on the stage productions worked their hearts out, and were very entertaining. Most of the comedians were funny, but some of the R rated, late night comedy sessions were a little tacky. This was not that I am against swearing and profane content. I only object to using profanity when your not at all funny, and have to be obscene to make the audience laugh. Anthony Acosta was the second worst comedian I have ever seen. (The worst was Margaret Choe many years ago.)
I highly reccomend this cruise for a week of great fun, and no regrets. This was the first time I came back from a cruise with a big glowing smile on my face. If only the ground would stop moving now.

Pros: 4 exotic ports in four days. Russell, the "Piano Man" in the Cinn-A-Bar Lounge was very entertaining

Cons: Ryan, the Cruise Director, never shut up. Yap Yap Yap on the loud speaker all day long

Recommends Carnival Glory? Yes!

Food is very good, but not fine restaurant quality. You go on Carnival ships to have fun, not for a fine dining experience.
Nice ship layout, but you have to go to level 5 if you want to walk from one end of the ship to another without going up and down stairs or elevators to gain access. Comfortable beds with duvet covers making sleeping pleasant. Nice showers.
Very nice room. I recieved a fantastic upgrade from Carnival paying the lowest rate, and recieving a fanstastic room just because my room had a terrible plumbing problem many years ago, and they wanted to make it right 7 years later.
Everyone on the ship was fantastic, except Ryan the Crusie Director. I wanted to throw him overboard. The guy is highly reurotic, with constant idiotic bad jokes. He is a non stop loud motor mouth just like the late Billy Mays. I was fascinated by how many pretty girls on the staff that they recruited for all departments. It was fascinating to see beautiful girls from all over the world. There were four Playboy Bunnies as guest cruisers onboard, but some of the staff ladies were much better looking than them. That impressed me. Yes I know I am a dirty old man, but at least I am honest about it.