Will not cruise with Carnival again

Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: November 01, 2009
Ship: Carnival Glory
This is the fifth cruise I have been on, my first with Carnival. I found myself very bored a lot of the time. They had the same comedian show every night, never had anything going on outside on the upper deck, the waiters must work on commission because every two seconds we were being badgered for drinks, and the staff definitly did no go out of their way to be polite. Our room was hot, so we requested a fan...we were told no because the fans they have are only given for medical reasons. They have absolutly no order for letting people on or off the ship. Beds were extremely uncomfortable also.

They had the same comedian doing the same act every night. They played 3 in cabin movies, the same movies every night. The upper deck never had anything going on, not even a cd playing over the speakers. I was so bored everytime I was on the ship. Not to mention everyday something was "down", whether it be one of the pools, or hot tubs, or slide...something was always wrong.

Any time there was a problem, which was a few times through out the week we were basically told "oh well, deal with it" from staff. I bought a water proof digital camera on ship, everytime I used it water would leak in. I brought it back and asked to exchange it, the photo manager basically called me a liar and said "I sell these cameras all the time and never have a problem", and made me run it under water in the bathroom to "prove it", when it leaked water she said "oh, that's weird" and finally exchanged it for me.

Another situation was our room was too hot. The first night guest services said they'd call maintenance to check it out, nobody ever showed. The next night we complained again, maintenance came and our room was 76 degrees (on the coldest ac setting), he said he fixed it but our room never cooled down. We requested a fan and were told no, because they were only used for people with medical reasons.

They stuck us on the first floor, so we could hear every crash & bang of the waves, waking us up numerous times throughout the night. I may as well have just slept on the floor because the bed was stiff as a rock.

Pros: Dancing at dinner

Cons: Nothing to do

Recommends Carnival Glory? No.