Not what I expected

Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Exotic Western Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 08, 2009
Ship: Carnival Glory
I may have thought more of this cruise if I had not cruised Royal Carribbean before. The food in the buffet was a disappointment much of the time. I have food allergies and limit myself to fresh salad, chicken and fish. Sometimes the salad smelled like mildew. Most of the employees could not speak English very well and had no clue as to the question I was asking them. I received confilicting directions from each one. The lunchmeat tasted like packaged and processed meat, not fresh. The food at the dining room was excellent and so was the service there. The gentleman who too care of our stateroom was wonderful. The counter for the excursion events was not always open when needed, so you had to go stand in the guest services line. When I stood in the long line for guest services, the employee did not know the answers to my questions and just read to me the directions off of the info sheet that we all had. I was misinformed about dinner. I was told I would be wait-listed and there was no assigned tables. That was wrong. I also did not know there were two elegant evenings, so we had to eat at the buffet (yuck). Sometimes a ship event did not have enough room for guests to participate, so we were crammed in like sardines (I hate that). The most disturbing event was that there were very loud kids who ran up and down the hallways screaming between the hours of 1:00am and 4:00am. I kept calling security and they only came out once. It was ridiculous.

Sit down dining room was excellent

Expected more.

Stateroom employee was the only one who was excellent.

The ship was like a maze. When we would ask for directions, each employee gave us a different answer. Not always as clean as I expected on some days.

The gentleman in charge of stateroom was wonderful.
Did the beach break, but was a bit crowded, hard to find a chair.
We visited the Myan Ruins. They were neat, the tour guide gave hours of history information. The downside was that by the time we arrived, we were already hungry (after 1:15pm). We could not grab a bite to eat until about 3:30 from the local restaurant in a "to go" box. The tour guide kept us out in the direct sun for way too long. Did not tell us when we could change into suits to swim, so missed swimming.
Shopped around. Got a great smoothie at "Thirsty Joe's."
Went on excursion to ride the Yamaha Rhino vehicles. Highlight of entire cruise. Had loads of fun, not that much fun since I was a kid.
Don't Miss: Any excursions to ride vehicles in wilderness or on beach.

Pros: Excursion

Cons: Too many people in certain areas during certain events

Recommends Carnival Glory? No.