Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Worst Carnival Cruise Ever

Sail Date: August 01, 2008

I have sailed Carnival 4 times and this was my 4th and last time on Carnival. I am jumping ship for better sailings on any other ship but Carnival. The service was horrendous and that is putting it mildly. My husband and I spent huge bucks buying clothes for our cruise and mainly for the captains cocktail party. My husband is a United States Marine Corps Veteran, and served 3 tours in Vietnam, and has 4 honorable discharges. I am just a housewife, but have been a former Realtor and I still own my travel agency going on 18 years this year. However, the way we were treated just trying to get our pictures taken was awful. My husband was dressed in his Marine Corps dress blue uniform and I had on a $200 formal gown with all the trimmings. No, we weren't looking for special treatment, but to be treated decently. The photographers didn't want to take our pictures. While standing in line at the steps on the grand atrium, we were at the end of the line, and when we got up there, the photographer told us he is closed. He just shut down his stuff and high tailed it out of there, leaving us standing there like fools. We found another photographer and he also refused to photograph us, because he was closing. All of this was going on during the Captain's cocktail party, where people come out in their finest and want to get their photo's taken so they can remember their cruise. At one of the bars, we were able to wait in line for a 3rd time and have our photo's taken. Even that photographer had an attitude. What is wrong with the photographers on Carnival?

All of th

Pros: It's a cruise if nothing else

Cons: Nasty service throughout the sailing

Recommends Carnival Glory? No.

No dessert for the first 3 nights in a row. HMMM! Hey waiter, don't make me go nuts to get some dessert around here. Our waiter was busy catering to the table of folks that brought a bottle of wine with their meals each night, and his assistant had to take care of us. Hey, we wanted to buy a bottle of wine to celebrate too, especially since we took my sister and her husband on their first cruise. Poor souls, they thought is was the greatest thing since sliced bread. OOPS! Had a hard time getting extra bread also. Prior to going to the dining room each night we had to kill someone just to find our way there, since my sister has multiple sclerosis and is in a wheelchair. The directions were not clear and no one cared if we had to hustle to make it to dinner each night. One night while waiting to get into the dining room, a drunk sat on my sisters lap. My husband said he was glad he didn't see it.
The only person worth mentioning is our cabin steward. We even went to the pursers office after standing in line for an hour, and rescinded $70.00 of tips and left the other $70.00 to be giving to our cabin steward. Photographers are rude, and don't want to take your pictures, and our waiter, could care less about our stomachs. Catch me if you can, and I might throw you a biscuit.
We all took in one really good show one night and it was great. However, again the waiters at the Captain's cocktail party would not come to the front of the room and serve us drinks and hors'derves. My husband had to physically grab him by the arm and bring him to the table and take our drinks off the tray.
Lovely room and we had my sister and her husband over the entire cruise since they had an inside cabin. The balcony's are not large enough but for 3 people, so we improvised and overcame, by taking a chair from the room for my sister to sit on, since her wheelchair couldn't get out there.
Brand new ship! What's not to like!