Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Carnival Glory

Sail Date: September 13, 2008

We had a great trip. The staff and activities were great. Only one incident where an activity was published and no one showed to run the activity. It wasn't a big deal, a crossword and trivia activity, but I am a crossword lover and it was kinda of dissapointing not to be able to participate. We played our share of bingo and enjoyed all of the shows. Our room service was top notch thanks to Joseph. When we ate in the dinning room everything was excellent, except maybe for the breads. At both the dinning room and buffett the breads were very hard and not easy to eat with dentures. The ship was clean with staff always right there to remove dirty dishes and empty ashtrays. Carnival should be made aware of a hazard upon departure. We had cleared customs, gathered our luggage and were heading to our parking area when I tripped in the walkway crossing the road in front of the terminal. Needless to say I landed square on my face receiving several bumps and scratches to my face and hands. The baggage attemdemt and my wife said I tripped on a drainage grate. The security people were very helpful in getting me up and to a place to wait while my wife retrieved the car. The attendant told my wife that this happens "quite a bit". I am not bitter as I feel some responsibility for the fall, although I feel something should be done to prevent this from happening again. We plan, hope, to take another cruise soon.

Pros: The planned activities

Cons: The food. My wife is very picky, no raw meat and not so much spice.

Recommends Carnival Glory? Yes!

My wife is a very picky eater. She will not eat seafood or raw meat. The menu for her is limited mainly to chicken and steak. I know it is hard to plan a menu for 3,000 people, but ///////
We really enjoyed the folded towels every night, made us feel special to have our bed turned down and the attention to every detail of cleaning the room.
Really enjoyed all the shows. The last night was really nice. They had fellow passengers performing their impressions of famous performers.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
The long long walk from the ship to the taxi stand was awful. If one had booked a tour the taxis were right there, but for the rest of us "poor folks" it was a long long walk.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
We are not beach pople and lkke to shop. Mostly jewelry stores here.