Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

No Sleep at all!

Sail Date: March 01, 2008

Traveled As: Family w/young children

A couple of weeks before our cruise I received a phone call to upgrade our cabin from a window to a balcony for a small fee. Since it was my son's (age 9) first cruise I decided to do it. Boy was this a mistake!

Our cabin Upper 6447 was fine and we didn't realize any problem until we tried to go to bed aroung 1:00 a.m. We were one floor above the "late night" piano bar. The noise was so loud we could hear every word of every song until they decided to end. The later it got the louder and more obnoxious it was. Profanity was a given. One night it was 2:00 a.m., but other nights it was 3:00 a.m. and the last night was after 4:00 a.m.(We had to be up by 6:30 a.m.) We asked for them to do something about the noise or to move us to another cabin, but were told the ship was full and they couldn't change any of the entertainment. They did refund us some money, but I felt that someone should have checked before they placed a family with a child in a room in this location. They also should install some sound-proof insulation in the ceiling if they do not plan to move the location of this bar. I came home exhausted and sick.

Recommends Carnival Glory? No.