Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Not outstanding...just nice

Sail Date: December 01, 2007

I really enjoyed the ship. It was my first time staying in a room with a balcony and it was really worth the money. I enjoyed my balcony so much that I didn't do very much else on the ship. The ship was beautiful. There were lcd lights that changed colors.

There were 3 pool areas on the open decks. The areas were beautiful, with sculptures that lit up when the sun shined through them, tiles in mosaic patterns, and rubber-like floors around the pool areas so it wasn't as slippery as the teak can be. I swam in the evening before dinner and usually had the pool to myself.

I had a massage in the spa and this time they didn't try to pressure me into buying products. It was nice not to have that stress after a relaxing massage. The pool in the spa is nice too. It has a waterfall and a current that you can swim against.

I was very disappointed with the staff on this ship. I have taken 5 cruises so far and have never experienced staff that seemed so tired and didn't work really hard to try to please the passengers.

Pros: ports, pools, spa was nice, ship was visually pleasing, balcony

Cons: workers seemed tired and not very helpful and friendly overall

Recommends Carnival Glory? Yes!

This is the best food I have had so far on a Carnival cruise. I think they have really made an effort to make their food less bland.
Let's face it, rooms on cruise ships are small. Balcony rooms are a bit bigger than other rooms. Our room had a couch, a table, and two mirrors. It was more than enough space to be comfortable.
Sometimes it was difficult to find a clean table at the Red Sail on the Lido. Our steward did not clean our balcony area. There were greasy fingerprints on the rail and crumbs on the chairs when we arrived to our room.
I saw the same comedy shows on the Carnival Valor in February. Maybe they should change up their routines a bit every few months. The lady who does the art auctions is really entertaining. I suggest you grab a glass of the free, though slightly bitter, champagne and grab a seat.
People didn't smile. They didn't seem eager to please. I didn't feel as valued as I have on other cruises. An example: I went to the Purser's desk because I locked my key in the room. She flatly told me I needed to call a number to be let back in. Then she waited on the person behind me. It was at that moment that I realized I didn't know where a phone was. She didn't tell me and I couldn't catch her attention to ask. It was frustrating and representative of the general experiences I had with the staff on this cruise.