Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A Wonderful Week!

Sail Date: August 01, 2007

-Food: the variety, overall quality, and availability of food was excellent. Buffet lines weren't too long if you knew where to go. There were four areas that all served the same thing, so just walk around once and you'll probably find at least one line that has hardly anyone in it . The Fish and Chips restaurant had the best fish and chips! I dont usually like fish, and I thought it was fantastic. We had been looking forward to the lobster at the formal dinner, but were very disappointed with it. We decided to go to the Emerald Supper Club because we knew it had a good lobster and we had read all positive reviews. Originally we had been against going because of the $30 cover charge per person and the dining room had overall really good food (our only disappointment was the lobster), but considering you can't find a high quality 4 course lobster dinner for anywhere near $30 in most places, we decided to go for it. The service and 12 oz lobster tail were well worth the cover charge! Also, the 24 hr room service was great for late night snacks and for packing lunches to take out on the excursions. I would not recommend the asian food, most did not taste authentic.
-Service: everyone was really friendly. Most of the staff would greet you as you passed. The turn-down service was great with the chocolates and towel animals. Our bar waitress in the dining room was very friendly and remembered our drinks.
-Variety of ports: One of the reasons we chose this cruise was because we got to visit 4 different places but still had a few days to relax on the ship.
-Activities: there was always at least one activity going on each hour/30 min other than just going to the pool. They had game shows such as family feud, battle of the sexes, newlywed game, bingo every night, casino tournaments, informational talks (about shopping at the ports, or disembarking) and even movies. The "broadway" shows were very entertaining, but certainly not broadway quality. There were 3 different comedians, the first two were hilarious, the third.. horrible, we walked out after 15 mins.. which we only stayed for hoping that he'd pick up (i think his name was Gene something). And if you miss something you can always watch it on the TV in your stateroom.
-Stateroom: Although we paid for an interior room through costco, we were upgraded to an ocean view... I think category 6A on the main deck. My boyfriend has been on a couple of cruises and noticed that our room was bigger than any room he has ever had. The room was well taken care of and clean. Downside was that the shower temperature was locked and may be too hot or too cold for some people.
- Platinum Dining room: we had the early main seating at 5:45, which is what we asked for, so that was nice, but this seating and the second to last Late seating were held in the Platinum dining room. The room is in the very back of the boat, which was only nice because we were surrounded by windows, but the room shook.

Pros: Food, service, variety of ports, round the clock activities, stateroom

Cons: Platinum dining room, lobster at the formal dinner, asian food

Recommends Carnival Glory? Yes!

Although the ship is very big, if you just take some time the first night to learn where everything is, and you pick up a ship layout map at the pursers desk, you'll be fine. The decor is reminiscent of Vegas, which some people may not like, but I thought it was fun. Only complaint about cleanliness was that some of the carpet could be replaced, but with thousands of people walking it each week, one can understand that it's dirty. But whereever you walk one can find someone cleaning or fixing something.
I think I wrote enough above... Oh, but the Chocolate Melting cake was great! And I cannot say enough great things about the Emerald Supper Club... accept maybe that it was difficult to find at first. Although some reviews had mentioned that it was relatively difficult to get good reservations, when we went there were plenty of opennings. Also, they gave us 2 teaser plates, one with sample appitizers and the last was a small dessert platter, both of which were excellent.
I thought the space was plenty big, but I could see that it would get crowded with a whole family in one room, rather than just a couple. But there is so much to do, you dont really need to spend too much time in the room. The bed was very comfortable, especially the linens. I loved just relaxing in the bed.
See Above