Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Absolutely amazing!

Sail Date: October 14, 2006

This was the most wonderfully amazing vacation ever! We got to relax and also do a lot of activities. We saw 3 places that we have never seen before and just had the best time ever. There was such a wide range of activities that there was no time to be bored but we could also just lounge by the pool all day. We were also surprised when we boarded to find out that we had been upgraded from an oceanview to a balcony. Definitely the way to go!

Pros: So much to do! But relaxing at the same time

Cons: Having to get off the ship at the end!

The ship was wonderfully clean! And there was so much to do with all of the activities, pools, bars, food, etc... The only thing that we really had a problem with is finding deck chairs. If you go out after noon it is impossible to find a place to lay out by the pool.
There was so much food it was hard to try everything. We ate non-stop for 7 days. And because of all of the walking and activities I only gained 2 lbs! The wait staff was probably the best part of the entire trip. I am amazed at how fast they learned not only our names (it took me 4 days just to remember who our tablemates were) but also what we liked. They would make recommendations each night based on what they knew that we liked.
The steward must have cleaned our room 3 times a day. I love the towel animals! They also knew everyone's name by the second day. I'm not sure how they can remember all of that but it was amazing.
Everyone was so friendly all the time. And every member of the staff was knowledgable and always had a smile on their face.
My only problem was there was too much to do! I guess that we will have to book another cruise to do all the things that we didn't get to this time.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
this was the best by far. It was so clean and the locals were very friendly. It was a very laid back atmosphere. We did the Beach Break excursion which was awesome once the locals there stopped bothering us. they would come up trying to sell us something and we had to say no thanks about 10 times before they got the point. Then the next one would come and do the same thing. We probably had to deal with this for about an hour.
Don't Miss: the beaches and downtown Philipsburg
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
We LOVED the kayak, hike, snorkel excursion. Our tour guide was so knowledgeable and funny on top of that. And it was so beautiful. The only problem with it was the bus ride out there. They knew that it was 18 people on the excursion and brought a 14 person van and then seemed surprised that we did not all fit. So then we had to wait for a open air safari bus (which is what was advertised anyway)
Don't Miss: the kayak, hike, snorkel excursion
I know that the locals depend on the tourists for their livelyhood but I felt a little harrassed sometimes. Other than that it was nice.
Don't Miss: the Straw Market and Senior Frogs! I heard that Atlantis is wonderful also but we did not make it there this time.