Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Far from glorious

Sail Date: October 14, 2006

This was my eighth cruise and definitely the worst. I would never take another Carnival cruise. The ship is tacky and poorly designed. Carnival used to have really fun activity schedules, but that seems to have gone by the wayside. Apparently all their guests want to do is eat, drink, smoke and gamble, so very litte is going on around the ship besides that. The crowd was loud and obnoxious, and much of the staff were glum or outright rude. The astonishing amount of second-hand smoke made it virtually impossible to remain in any of the clubs at night without getting a crushing headache.

Pros: The port stops

Cons: The crowd onboard, the virtually total lack of fitness classes and lame activity schedule

Although our waiter and room steward were very pleasant, others around the ship were very unfriendly and appeared depressed.
Even during days at sea, the ship offered virtually no fitness classes, and twice I was the only person who showed up for a class, so the instructor cancelled it. Many activities that I normally enjoy, such as trivia contests, were offered so early in the morning that I couldn't both eat breakfast and participate in the activities.
The layout was extremely confusing, and the map didn't clearly indicate where various facilities were. For example, the Internet cafe was tucked away in the corner of a smoky bar. There were numerous "you can't there from here" floors where you had to go up several floors to get from one end of the ship to the other. New ships in other cruise lines have solved that problem beautifully.
The food was mediocre at best. I had literally one good dessert all week. The early seating of 5:45 p.m. is just too early.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
This was my favorite port stop. I took a ride around the island with a tour guide who was born on the island. Marigot is an adorable town on the French side of the island.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
I was a little disappointed in this stop. The people weren't very friendly and the shore of the bay included a lot of trash and debris.
Don't Miss: Magen's Bay
Checking out the Atlantis resort is a must-see. It's amazing.
Don't Miss: Atlantis