Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Best Vacation Ever!

Sail Date: August 05, 2006

This was the best vacation ever! This was my second time cruising the Caribbean. Awesome! The Carnival Glory is a fabulous ship. Our stateroom was huge and very comfortable. We definitely recommend a room with a private balcony. It was well worth the extra money. From our first day at sea we were able to view manta rays, sea turtle, and hundreds of flying fish from our balcony as we sipped on our tasty ship drink of the day. We were located on the Lido Deck, in the last room on the starboard side. The pool deck was right outside our door. Great room location! Easy access to everything! Our room was very clean and had tons of storage. Upon arrival we immediately unpacked and made ourselves at home. Our room had a place for everything.

Huge Ship! I have never seen anything like it. A city on the water! The Glory has everything you could possibly need and then more! Beautiful dcor all of the public spaces and rooms were each defined with a different style. The colors and fabrics are beautiful. The architecture and decorating are very impressive. The main lobby with glass elevators and the curved marble staircase are something you would expect to find in a very glamorous hotel.

The food was wonderful. We had so many different options available, and took advantage of each. We enjoyed dinner in the Platinum Dinner Room on several evenings. The wait staff was incredible, very friendly and entertaining. We also tried the endless buffets, burgers, and the pizza some of the best pizza we have ever eaten. Overall, the best dinning experience was in the Supper Club. A small fee was additional, but well worth it. I wish we had done this earlier into the cruise because we would have taken advantage of this several more times. This had to have been one of the best meals I have ever eaten in my entire life, if not the best! Sushi, Lobster and New York Strip. Unbelievable! The service was impeccable and the Chefs amazing. Dont miss the coffee shop so many choices and the desserts, beautiful and tasty. Check out the chocolate tall cake!

The entertainment options were endless. We took in several shows in the Amber Palace, spent way too much time in the casino, but loved it. We definitely recommend after dinner drinks in the Ivory Bar while listing to the musical trio who perform nightly.

I personally enjoyed the duty free shopping in the gift shops. I did most of my Christmas shopping for my family. Cant beat the prices! The jewelry shows and specials were incredible. The professional photographers did a wonderful job of preserving our vacation. We had photos done every evening before dinner and also at every embarkation. We brought back an album full of pictures and a lifetime of memories. We definitely recommend the Carnival Glory to anyone considering a cruise vacation!

Pros: Being onboard the ship

Cons: water gets all over bath floor when showering

The wait staff was incredible and very entertaining. The service was impeccable and the Chefs amazing. Our room Steward, Ferry, was very friendly and accommodating. He exceeded our expectations and went out of his way to meet our needs.
Visit the straw market. Lots of great shopping. We explored on foot... walked over the bridge to Paradise Island and explored the Atlantis Resort. The aquariums were beautiful... and the architecture amazing. We took a ferry boat ride back to Nassau and boarded the Glory early and just relaxed on the upper deck.
Don't Miss: The Atlantis Resort
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
We rented a jeep and checked out the entire island, the Dutch and French side. Not much to see. The water was beautiful but locals standard of living is very poor.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Visit the Green House Restuarant and Bar. The Jerk Chicken Rollup was tasty. The jewelry shops are outstanding. Be sure to bring back a carribean topaz.
Don't Miss: Don't miss the sky ride. This was the best. The view from the top is unbelievable.