Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

What a wonderful week

Sail Date: July 01, 2006

This was our 8th Carnival cruise and the first on Glory. We were pleased with the ship and overall friendliness of the staff and crew. I would have upgraded to a balcony room in the end. Once you have a balcony, it is hard to go back to oceanview. Our room was laid out differently than other ships we had been on and it made it appear larger. My husband and I traveled alone this time and it was our first time in the summer months. I can see why the kids love it so much during this time. It was packed with kids and kids activities. Lots of running in the halls made it unpleasant at times and made you wonder where the parents were at 2am? Nothing was done to curb this even when the information desk was contacted. If you are traveling with kids, they will enjoy the summer months more, especially those teenagers. Our son was 16 when we took him last October. There were only 4 kids that showed up in the teen areas the whole week. At that age, there wasn't anything else for him to do, so he did not enjoy the trip so much.

Pros: More activity than the fall or winter cruising

Cons: late dinner seating and slow service

The layout is similar to the Victory, but there were a few surprises here and there.
For some reason, the wuality of the food was not as good as other cruises. I had to send a steak back twice to get it Medium. The only options were med rare, medium, or med well. I am not one to send food back, but could not eat a rare steak. This happened on two occassions. The service at late dining was slow and we were the last to get out each night. We missed the late shows because of it. We did not change our times because we enjoyed our dining partners so much.
I did not see the videographer taping the travelog once! This was very unusual and it seemed like there were the same people on the video showings in the room. Made you think that he found friends he just followed around.
Get to the shows super early and be prepared to fight for good seats. There is usually a bingo game or soemthing going on before the main shows and therefore, the only seats left are behind poles or upper level corners. Don't bother to stay if upper level corner seats are all you can find unless you want to see what goes on backstage between acts.