First cruise is always the best cruise

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Cruise Director

Sail Date: September 22, 2013
Ship: Carnival Freedom

This being our first cruise, we had no idea what to expect, thus making this the best cruise ever!  The only downside was the long lines waiting to get onto the ship in Fort Lauderdale.

The food was great, hot and plenty of it.  The adult beverages were plentiful, though costly after while but hey, we are on vacay.

The MDR service was impecable and always prompt, food hot and if it wasn't right, they made it right and immediately.

The entertainment, was great, we enjoyed the tribute to the beetles, the comedy shows left us in stitches and I often found we laughed the hardest and the loudest.

The ports were great, Key West, Grand Cayman (Our favorite) and Ocho Rios.

All and all was the best time of our lives!

One negative thing and that was only from my experience was I am severley clostrophobic so being in a crowded line during lifeboat drills was un-nerving for me.

Always prompt, fast and hot.

Comedy club and Karaoke was the best!

Our room steward was the best. The man was a magician. I have no idea how he snuck in so fast, cleaned everything and gone again!

Dated ship but clean and tidy.

Small cabin, small shower, which surprised us, but Steward kept very clean all the time. Wee (our steward) was amazing!