Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Third Mate

Fun, Fun, Fun.

Sail Date: May 07, 2016

We took this cruise to celebrate our anniversary of 44 years.  We wanted to go to ports that we have not been to before so took this one to Key West and Nassau.  The cruise was great, food, well, too much for me but I loved it.   The Cruise director Malcom was great.  He was on our last cruise in Nov, and he was still always full of energy and fun.  His personality is one of a kind.  The only Bad item that we experienced was rude people smoking in areas not assigned for smokers.  We ran into them in the passage ways below decks, in the library, and really took away some of the great time we had.  I would love to take a cruise where there were no smokers aboard, but don't think that will ever happen.  Do wish the ship would boost the exhaust system around the casino area, that would help a lot.  Wink

Cruise Photos

It was very large, very clean, and three large standup closets for my wife's items, as well as several drawers to put other item in. it was very nice. The bathroom was very nice, and clean. Lot's of towels, robes, and towels for above deck swimming and hot tubs. This is the only way to go.
We were assigned to check in between 11 and 11:30, no problem till we got to customs, At 11:30 they close their system down and remove all the names from the cruise before, so we stood there for about twenty min, just waiting for the system to come back on line. I don't think the people behind us were very happy either. Might want to work on that one.
Took the Cnoch train in Key West, When their tour was done, they dumped us in town and we had to find our own way back to the ship. I felt that was very unprofessional.
We always sign up for early dinning so we can see as many shows as we can that night. Some of the comics got very rude and the cursing was way out of bounds. A little is expected, but not every other word at times. I can get that on social media.
We took in the Cat in the Hat and we really loved the show. The kids were great as well as the staff. Our grand kids will love it next cruise.
Was great. only one nigh the comic got out of hand we thought. A little less profanity would have been just right, Not almost every other word. We got up and left and did not go and see him again.
Our three staff members who took great care of our room went above the call of duty for us. Any problem that came up, and there was only one, they took care of it in minutes. Great job!
My wife and I signed up for the "Dinner with the Chef". That was the main thing we will remember for a long time. We highly recommend this to all who can get in on it.
Galveston, Texas
You have to go to the pier and check out Bubba Gump's Shrimp's. Forrest Gump items for sale there and the food is great.
Key West, Florida
Went to the southern most part of the U.S. I did know it was 90 Miles to Havana, but did not know it was also 90 miles to the nearest Wal- Mart. Such a Deal!
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Not much to do here, Great day to stay onboard and hit the hot tubs.
Took the Discover Atlantis tour. Lot's of walking here folks. But was very nice.

You have to try "Dinner with the Chef", It is to die for, Just don't eat the entire day before you go, as you will be very full when you are done eating. Also, be very sure of your tours on shore, Make sure you understand everything before you sign up.