Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Carnival Freedom 03/26/2016

Sail Date: March 26, 2016

My husband and I went on our first ever cruise on 03/26/2016 on the Freedom.

Take the time and download the Carnival hub app for your phone! Once on the ship, put phone in airplane mode and connect to the hub. It came in handy when hubby went to get something and I forgot to tell him to get me something lol.

We didn't get any of the internet packages.

Since we live in Texas, we drove to Galveston (after staying the night in Seabrook).

We pulled into port, husband dropped luggage and myself off and went to park at Port of Galveston (70.00 for 7 day cruise, but if you pay online its 65.00

Port of Galveston has staggered check-in making it easier to get on ship.

Room: Deck 7 room # 7356 Balcony room. Very nice for the 2 of us. 3 closets and plenty of storage. Only drawback is there is only one outlet, but we were made aware of this and bought an extension cord and a small box fan (I need that noise to sleep!) and didn't have a problem keeping our phones charged or camera batteries charged.

Balcony had 2 chairs and small table, just the right size for morning coffee :)

****My husband had ordered decorations for our room for our anniversary and everything was there when we got to our room. What a great surprise!!****

Food: MDR was good, waiters were friendly and attentive. Lido buffet was also good. Good selections food typical buffet food, yet always served with a smile.

The only place I didn't care for too much was Mongolian Wok. Meat tasted pre-cooked and veggies were extremely soggy.

Pizza Pirate: ALWAYS a line, but worth it! We would always get hot pizza from there.

Sun king Steakhouse: We enjoyed it and felt it was worth the extra $35.00 per person. The only complaint I had about it was I felt rushed. It did feel nice to be served, but slow it down some.

Guy's Burgers: I'm not a fan of Guy Fieri, but these burgers were great. I loved that I got to choose my own toppings and condiments. Line moves extremely fast. Loved the fries too :)

Room Service: We used it every morning so I could get my coffee fix! We usually ordered coffee and croissants and had it delivered between 6:30-7 and it was always there at the desired time.

Casino: Went in a couple times just to look around. Nothing too impressive for me. (I'm not too much of a gambler)

One drawback I have of entire cruise is the announcements. You could hardly understand what was being said, they all sounded garbled. Carnival needs to find a way to improve that.

Cruise Photos

Fast and easy for both!!
We only scheduled one excursion, and it ended up being cancelled.
Our room steward, Ernie, was WONDERFUL!!!

Always read the FunTimes night before and just take things as they come!!!