Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Fantastic Week Away

Sail Date: February 13, 2016

My husband and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary by stealing away for a full week with no kids and no responsibilities.  This was our 2nd cruise, but our 1st just the two of us and with Carnival.  Our experience was wonderful.  The customer service was impeccable, the shows and activities were entertaining, and our days at ports were amazing.  The food was pretty good - not the best we've had, but we didn't have to cook it or clean up afterward so mission accomplished.  The desserts left much to be desired.  I got the melting cake most nights because every time I tried something different, I didn't really enjoy it.  We also enjoyed services at the spa.  We both got a couples massage and I got a pedicure.  Both were phenomenal, but the one thing that I didn't like was the sales pitch after the massage.  I didn't really appreciate paying over $300 for both massages only to be pressured afterward to spend hundreds more on stuff we "need".  Had it been a cheap or promotional massage, that would've been one thing, but it wasn't.  So if you take advantage of the spa services, you might just tell them straight up that you'd prefer not to get sold anything afterward unless you're cool with that.

That was literally the only thing that left a bad taste in my mouth (well, that and the serving of warm cheesecake one night - haha).  So yes, we would definitely go on another Carnival cruise in the future.  The price point was fantastic for everything we got and it was a perfect week for the two of us.

Given what we paid for our cruise, our cabin was plenty sufficient. We wish there had been a couple more outlets available, but we made due.

We didn't discover the Serenity Deck til a few days in. We wish we had known about it sooner because that's where we spent most of our deck time from that point on. It's quiet, has more comfortable chairs, and fantastic little cushioned cabanas to share.