Carnival Freedom January 18, 2015 out of Fort Lauderdale

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Second Mate

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 18, 2015
Ship: Carnival Freedom

I'm late with this review but just joined the site.  :)  The Carnival Freedom was an amazing ship and our cruise was absolutely fabulous.  My husband and I were in an aft balcony cabin and loved it!!!  The aft balconies are substantially larger than other balconies and ours featured 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs, and a small table...and we still had room to move around.  Having an aft room does make for a LONG walk down the hallway but trust me, it's worth it!

Our ports included Grand Turk (beautiful beach!), St. Maarten (Airplane Beach -
Maho Beach is amazing!) and Puerto Rico (beautiful!!!).  We were not disappointed!

We also purchased the Tour the Ship/Meet the Captain excursion and found it to be very interesting.  Our captain wasn't the friendliest but it might have just been that he was busy and didn't need to be interrupted to meet a group of question asking passengers.

The steakhouse on the Freedom was delicious and well worth the extra money.  I highly recommend it!  The Alchemy Bar should not be missed either!

Oh, and just to leave my favorite tip that has served me SO well on cruises.  Buy one of those over the door cloth shoe holders and place it over your bathroom door on the ship.  It holds tons of items and really helps you to stay organized.  I never cruise without mine!

Aft Balcony was fabulous!!!