Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Fun Cruise!

Sail Date: September 01, 2013

This was my second cruise\, first cruise with Carnival. I enjoyed my time on the Freedom. The ship was nice (I didn't think it was ugly like other reviewers posted). The food was good\, there was always a nice variety. In the main restaurant\, the menu was great every night. I really liked the pools and water slide. I loved the Serenity Deck (only 21 and older allowed).

I will say\, I did feel that they could have used a greater variety and more frequent activities. On my previous cruise (which was on Holland America) it seemed that there was so much going on that I didn't have time to see it all. On this ship\, I found myself searching for things to do at times. I also think they would have greater participation in their existing activities (trivia\, karaoke\, game show\, etc...) if they gave away actual prizes rather than a plastic carnival ship trophy.

That being said\, the shows were pretty good. The staff was always friendly. We had a lovely time on the ship....and the price was great! We enjoyed our stops in the ports\, and Carnival offered some great options for excursions. We will definitely cruise on this line again.

Pros: great ports and excursions\, good food\, friendly staff\, large ship

Cons: needed more on-ship activities

Recommends Carnival Freedom? Yes!

I wish there had been a little bit more variety in activities and entertainment. But I did enjoy what they did have for entertainment.