Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Awesome Honeymoon

Sail Date: June 30, 2014

My wife and I went on this cruise for our honeymoon and, honestly, I don't think it could have gone any better. I should preface this by saying that this is my 3rd cruise and 1st time with Carnival. It is hard to decide what the best part was, but if I had to pick something, it would have to be the food. Every meal was fantastic, especially at the Posh Restaurant, but I don't want to leave out Guy's Burger Joint because I had the best burger that I've had in years. I just wish I didn't have to wait in line to get the food, but it is understandable with ~3600 other mouths to feed.

Besides the food, the staff was friendly and attentive, the unlimited activities were fun and exciting, and the entertainment was awesome. The cruise director, Skip Lyons, did a phenominal job making sure the cruise was fun and safe for everyone. Regarding the awesome entertainment, the only negative thing I can say was that one of the comedians, Mark Hawkins, was pretty bad. Perhaps it was his focus on vulgar sex jokes, but my wife and I did not enjoy his routine. The other comedian, Joe Marlotti, was pretty funny, though.

Cruise Photos

Incredible. More delicious food than you know what to do with
Cleaned daily with chocolates left on pillow
Friendly and attentive
Always something fun going on, almost difficult deciding what to do next.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
The disembarking and organizing people for their excursions was a bit messy here. The excursions were awesome though.
George Town, Grand Cayman

Try not using the elevators the whole cruise, that way you feel better about all the food that you are eating!