Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Exceptional First Cruise

Sail Date: October 05, 2013

Let me first say I'm your typical workaholic.  I only agreed to go because I was given an offer I couldn't refuse.  All I had to do is show up.  I'm no fool:)  I figured I would at least have plenty of time to get some much needed sleep.  Well that didn't happen.  The longest we spent in cabin outside of sleeping was probably 30 minutes.  The staff, guests, ports, and ship far exceeded my expectations.  I had a ball.  So much so that I'm booked on another cruise this coming August.  There was plenty to do.  The food was better then expected.  The entertainment was good for the most part.  I even gambled which is something I normally don't do.  If you're looking for peace and quiet.  This isn't for you.  When they say "Fun Ship" that's what they mean.  It's all about partying and having fun.  The only complaint I had was the DJ at the nightclub wouldn't let a song play more than 3 minutes.  The DJ on the lido deck was good.  Ports:  we did Margaritaville in Grand Turk and it was a blast; got a nice deal on two chairs/umbrella for the beach on St. Maarten and did some shopping; went on an excellent beach excursion on St. Thomas, the view is amazing; and did the Bacardi tour in San Juan, got a bottle of Bacardi 8 and it's a must have.  Again excellent cruise.  Boarding was a breeze despite the suprise inspection by the Coast Guard.  Rooms were ready pretty early.  Luggage was there shortly after.  The party begins as soons as you board.

Cruise Photos

Try to avoid cabins towards the front of the ship on deck 8. It's directly under lido deck. You hear the chairs being moved at all hours. Try to get to the restaurant around 5:45 if you choose anytime dining. The line gets long pretty fast. Get to the comedy shows early. Seating is limited.