Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Mother/Daughter cruise

Sail Date: October 27, 2013

I have traveled and taken many cruises since I was a child. Never been on Carnival and was surprised by many things.  To start, the people that work on the ship are excellent! They were willing to help when they could and were always nice in the manner to how they talked to us. The bars did get a bit crazy and they were not as nice but hey, what did I really expect.

The cruise was very loud. There are DJ's by the pool and I think their entire gig was to be a loud as they possible could. The same with all other bands throughout the ship.  It was very hard to find a quiet place to relax...we did find the outside on the 3rd floor had lounge chairs and it was perfect if you like shade. The Serrenity area is for adults only, and while a nice place, you heard all the loud music from the main pool. The pool in the back of the ship was better, and you had to be 18 to be there, but still crazy.  People are there to party. We were there for a relaxing week. While we were able to find our place, when they say Carnival is the fun ship, it is the loud party ship.

Dinners were good but always disturbed by the "host" in the dining room with music and then dancing by the waiters.  Really could have done without that. We are not boring people as it may sound.  There is a time and a place for everything...we did not need the dining room staff to dance every night. Would I cruise Carnival again, yes. Would I go with my husband to relax, no. Would I take my children and find my spot in the sun? Yes again. They have many good things to offer. It could just be toned down a bit, but then, maybe I am not the client they are looking for. The price is good. If you can avoid the corny picture set ups all over the ship, you will keep your cost at the end of the trip down! All in all, a memory I will never forget, traveling with my daughter. Enjoy but just know what you are in for...loud music and lots of people having fun!

When something was on the menu for dinner, it was then changed a bit and was in the lunch buffet. I can do left overs at home.
curtains were not all the way hung, part was off the rod.
These people work their tails off 24/7 and are so wonderful.
Adult only comedy shows were fantastic.
never got to do things but it seemed ok from what I read.
We never had a full day in port. The ports themselves were good but wish we had more time to explore them.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
It is always crazy boarding and disembarking.
Key West, Florida
Never been so a nice port and still able to use phones! Loved having that as part of the trip.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Driver took us to a beach that was nothing special. Asked many staff and they said just get on any mini van and go to the beach. We would have enjoyed a better, more beautiful beach. Tenders were wonderful!
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Jamaica is so beautiful but we had so little time to explore. Had to be back on the ship at 1:30...that put a damper on our plans to explore.

Breakfast at the buffet was good. We had room service a couple of times and it arrived early but without silverware and other things. The 5th floor really gets you to all sets of elevators. It is always a bit confusing at the beginning of any cruise but that is part of the adventure.

1 Comment