Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Save your money and take a different cruise line.

Sail Date: September 01, 2013

I have been on over 30 cruises and this one was by far the worst. My most recent cruises had been on RCCL and I like them very much. I hadn't been on CCL in over 20 years and I thought the price was good and maybe with all their problems in the past 6-12 months that they would be "trying harder". There were not.

The food was not good in either taste or presentation. The staff were generally surly with the exception of a couple of bartenders and our cabin steward. The ship in general, was not very clean and there occasionally was a distinct sewage smell on the Lido deck

We were only in Ocho Rios from 7:30 am-2:30 pm. Not enough time, at all.

Carnival has earned the nickname "K-Mart of the Caribbean".

Don't go.