Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean

Nickle and Dime - the Carnival way

Sail Date: July 01, 2012

I'll start off by saying that the staff was amazing. They were considerate, friendly, funny and overall a pleasure to spend 8 days with.

What we (and many others who I spoke to on this cruise) had an issue with was Carnival's way of nickle and diming us. We paid a pretty penny to go on this cruise and I didn't appreciate having to pay premium prices for cocktails - $8-$12 for one drink is a lot of money, over $2 for a Corona is outrageous, I'm not in a club, I'm on a cruise ship where I expect less, I mean come on! $2 for a can of Coke???

Lets talk about the casino where I laid out a few hundred dollars and couldn't even get a free water. This might be the only casino I've ever been to where they don't comp you drinks.

Lets move onto the special steakhouse where you have to pay $35 per person to get better steak. I'm sorry, but this should be included as the norm. The food was so bad overall that I was tempted to pay $35 to get a better plate of meat and I didn't feel like such a sucker every time I tried to make a reservation then I probably would have succumbed to my need for a decent meal. To sum up the food quality and tatse - it sucked. I'm not particular about my food, I enjoy a BigMac the same way I enjoy prime rib, if it's good then it's good so please don't mistake me for having gourmet taste. I just want good food and Carnival didn't have it. On the plus side, I managed to lose a couple of pounds so a big thank you to the curise line for that!

Please be aware that that there is one laundry room per floor, this didn't mean anything to me at first until I had to stand in line every night to iron my dress for dinner. This meant that the entire floor, which hosts over a 100 cabins easy, has to share one iron. The washing machines and dryers can handle one load each and you pay $3.00 for each - not that I did any laundry but in case you want to, bring extra money.

The activities for kids - this is what really grinds my gears. Par

Pros: The staff

Cons: see my review below

Recommends Carnival Freedom? No.

bring pepto or tums